Whatley Oil was founded and started in
January of 1955 by Bruce and Sara Whatley. They
were commission agents of the Standard Oil
Company of Kentucky. In 1980 Bruce Whatley
became a jobber for Chevron Oil Company. Steve
Whatley joined the business in March of 1976
after graduating from the University of Georgia.
Whatley Oil bought out a Union 76 jobber in 1990
and expanded into Terrell, Lee, Webster, Clay
and several counties in Alabama during the early
90's. Greg Whatley joined the business in 1993
after serving 20 years as a pilot in the U.S.
Whatley Oil expanded into Columbus,
Georgia in 1994 and acquired 3 jobberships in
Muscogee county and 1 in Clay county from 1997
to 2001. Today Whatley Oil operates in 17
counties in Georgia and Alabama representing
several brands and is a full service jobber.